Post of Tradesman (on shift)
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as Tradesman (on shift), to work at Airport of Rodrigues Ltd, Sir Gaetan Duval Airport, Plaine Corail, Rodrigues.
A Candidates should be holder of a National Trade Certificate in the electrical/ mechanical/carpentry/masonry/painting/plumbing/IT field or have any other qualification acceptable to the Board of Directors. Work experience in the required field will be an advantage.
B Candidates should be versatile and multidisciplinary, have the ability to take initiative, to work within a team and to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
C Candidates must possess a valid driving license (Private Car, manual gear). Consideration will be given to candidates not possessing a driving license, however, if selected, candidates will have to obtain a driving license during their probationary period, failing which their employment will be terminated.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To assist the Foreman and carry out all types of electrical/mechanical/carpentry/masonry/painting/plumbing/IT as well as duties in other trades.
2. To carry out periodic tests on installations.
3. To carry, use properly and take care of all instruments, tools and materials in use in relevant trade.
4. To remove and return materials from stores, using correct procedures.
5. To keep record of work performed.
6. To attend to breakdowns and emergencies promptly.
7. To operate plant and equipment as and when necessary.
8. To perform any other related duties.
Tradesman may be required to work on a 24-hour shift system throughout the year and carry out such duties as may be required during cyclones and emergencies.
Initially the selected candidate will be employed on probation for one year and will be subject to confirmation in the post thereafter upon satisfactory service and on mutual agreement.
3. REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Salary scale: 11520 x 480 – 16800 x 600 – 18600 x 720 – 21480
Passage benefit granted upon confirmation in the post.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
PHASE 1 Short-listing
Candidates are short-listed based on skills and qualifications claimed as per applications in response to the present Advertisement.
PHASE 2 Aptitude Test
Candidates satisfying Phase 1 may be called for a written aptitude test.
PHASE 3 Interview & Security Clearance
Candidates having undergone Phase 2 successfully shall be called for an interview. Candidates will be required to submit a Certificate of Character in line with prevailing Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations, if called for an interview.
PHASE 4 Medical Test
Following phase 3, successful candidates will have to go through a complete medical test, including Eyesight, Colour perception, Hearing, and Chemical dependency.
5. MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Applicants should submit:
A. An application form - available here
B. A recent passport size photograph to be affixed in the space provided on the application form.
C. Photocopies of educational certificates and other referential documents.
D. Photocopy of valid Driver’s License.
E. Photocopy of valid Certificate of Character, if available.
Closing Date: Thursday 01 October 2015, at 2.00pm at latest. The top left hand corner of the envelope should be clearly marked “Tradesman, Airport of Rodrigues Ltd” and be addressed to: The Airport Manager, Airport of Rodrigues Ltd, Sir Gaetan Duval Airport, Plaine Corail, Rodrigues.
1. The post is restricted for service in Rodrigues only.
2. Preference will be given to qualified candidates domiciled in Rodrigues.
3. ARL reserves the right
(i) to interview only the best qualified candidates.
(ii) not to make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.