Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as Assistant Manager, Finance and Administration
, to work at Airport of Rodrigues Ltd, Sir Gaetan Duval Airport, Plaine Corail, Rodrigues.
A Candidate should preferably be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) or possess any other qualification acceptable to the ARL Board of Directors.
B Candidate should have at least three years post qualification accounting & finance work experience.
C Candidates should possess leadership skills with a self-starter attitude and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
D Experience in QuickBooks would be an advantage.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To assist the Manager, Finance and Administration in, inter alia, the following:
a) To organise and monitor activities of the finance section.
b) To control and direct the finances of the Company and monitor the Company’s expenditure, revenue and cash flow.
c) To make safe and sufficient arrangements for the collection and custody of sums owing and discharge of sums due.
d) To be responsible for the preparation of annual budget, final accounts, statutory returns and other financial statements required by management.
e) To keep under continuous review the rates, fees and other charges of the Company and the procedures/ practices for budgeting and cost and management control.
f) To maintain a suitable modern accounting system.
2. To advise the Manager, Finance and Administration on the formulation of broad financial policy matters.
3. To ensure the proper implementation and maintenance of a computer system for accounting.
4. To introduce control systems for adequate coverage over the financial activities of the Company.
5. To participate in the costing and pricing of projects.
6. To assist in the preparation and implementation of a plan for human resource development.
7. To be responsible for the collection of rent and parking fees and for the formulation and scrutiny of contracts.
8. To perform any other related duties.
Initially the selected candidate will be employed on probation for one year and will be subject to confirmation in the post thereafter upon satisfactory performance.
3. REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Salary scale: 36,000 x 1,200 - 43,200 x 1,800 - 54,000
Passage benefit granted upon confirmation in the post.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
Short-listing – Candidates are short-listed based on skills and qualifications claimed as per applications in response to the present Advertisement.
Interview – Candidates having undergone Phase 1 successfully shall be called for an interview. Candidates will be required to submit a “Police Clearance” or Certificate of Character in line with prevailing Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations, if called for an interview.
5. MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
A. A cover letter, in own handwriting, indicating clearly the following:
• Reasons motivating the submission of the application;
• Essential Skills that the applicant possesses that would make him/her a good Assistant Manager, Finance and Administration;
B. A Curriculum Vitae;
C. Photocopies of educational certificates and other referential documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and should reach the Airport Manager by 14.00 hrs on 07 July 2016 at lates
t. The top left hand corner of the envelope should be clearly marked “Application for Post of Assistant Manager, Finance and Administration” and should be addressed to The Airport Manager, Airport of Rodrigues Ltd, Sir Gaetan Duval Airport, Plaine Corail, Rodrigues.
1. The post is restricted for service in Rodrigues only.
2. Preference will be given to qualified candidates domiciled in Rodrigues.
3. ARL reserves the right
(i) to interview only the best qualified candidates.
(ii) to not make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.
Airport of Rodrigues Ltd
Sir Gaetan Duval Airport
Tel: 8327888 – Fax: 8327078